Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It's a great day to be a missionary!‏

In Doctrine and Covenants 59:58, the Lord instructs the brethren of the church as they are leaving Zion, "And let no man return from the land except he bear record by the way, of that which he knows and most assuredly believes."

I know that this is Jesus Christ's church. I received a call from a prophet of God, who received inspiration to send me here, and I know that because I have never felt so happy in all my life. No matter the rejection or the physical pain or discomfort, I have loved missionary work. The Restoration continues to roll forth, started by a 14 year old boy who had a question. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. All our trials have a purpose, and even though we may not know that that is, God does. I know that from studying the refining of the saints and the prophet in Zion. This is the promised land - the 2nd coming is near. The work is hastening.

Jesus Christ lives. That is a fact - not just a testimony. A fact. He guides and directs us today through the influence of the Holy Ghost, which is real. I testify that no matter what anyone else says, this is the real world.

I testify that this is true, in the name of my savior and elder brother, the Lord Jesus Christ, for who I am a disciple.

Amen.
-- 

Sister Annika Rogers
 All is well.


the hairball we combed off our floor...you should be so proud of me :)
Check out this legit quilt another sister had! I want to make one when I get home...it's the Missouri state flag!
The McPhie's came and scared the CRAP out of me.
dog hairs. Yuck.
The Brenchleys, the VC directors, bought me donuts for my last shift. They're so sweet...I'm going to miss them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment