Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Highest of highs and lowest of lows


Dad, it's so true that you have the highest of highs and the lowest of lows here. I've never felt so discouraged and inadequate in my life. I love this gospel and I know the doctrine, but I have no idea how to teach these people, or if they even want to listen. My analogy of Marco Polo is getting more and more true every day. You guys wouldn't believe it, but I'm actually the quieter half of my companionship. Weird, huh?

Also, I see this was sent on your tablet. Good job :) I love you so much, Daddy. My valentine's day rose reduced me to tears. I knew that I would miss you, but I didn't know that homesick was such an emotional ailment.

I hope you email me back as soon as you get this, but if not, just wait for my letter on Wednesday :) Give everyone a hug. I'll see you in 17+ months.

Oh, and the only computers that will allow you to send pictures are the ones in the laundry room, where everyone and their dog is camped out all day long. So I'll probably just send my little camera to you right before I leave the MTC so that you can see that I'm alive.

Just once more, I want to tell you how much I miss you all and love you. I have developed such a testimony of prayer and spiritual comforts. I have prayed more in a single hour here than I ever did in a month at home. The Lord does listen and care for all of us, and is mindful of our trials. I wish I could just have you here with me, but I know that the time in Provo/Missouri will be so rewarding, as long as I can make it. I love you I love you I love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment