Monday, August 5, 2013

Chig-chig-chigger alert...‏

Yup, that's right. The nasty bugs think my upper thighs are delish. Also, the bites scar. Nasty purple splotches. Totes attractive. Good thing I don't have to worry about wearing a swimming suit.

Well, folks, it's been raining a lot here...and I mean real rain haha not just miracles :) In Utah when it rains, it cools the world off - here, it rains and all the sudden I'm like "WHY DO I HAVE AN AFRO." Seriously, though, I'm making an appointment for my hair next week. Not sure what I'm going to do to it, but let us just say that there is a high possibility of it gettin' the chop (don't worry, Dad - no boy cut). I had my mind practically made up and then I remembered all the cute braids I have on my Pinterest boards at home and now I'm up in arms about it tall. Who knows what'll happen.
Somebody make up my mind for me.

Well, we're not working with any new investigators...but we are working with a BUNCH of less-active members of the ward, whom I LOVE, so I'll tell you all about them :)
First of all, we have Brother and Sister Phillips, who moved in back in April and went to church for the first time two weeks ago. They've been married a couple of years, and they want to go through the temple ASAP - I know I've mentioned them before, but I don't remember what I've told you haha bear with me. They are just...awesome. Sister Phillips had her leg broken about two months ago and has had a heavy duty wrap on it ever since, so this week we went over and helped her take it off. It wasn't as nasty as I thought it would be, but she did need to shave. Her leg was itty bitty (reminded me of Jessica haha miss you girl!). Then we helped her and her husband sort and fold their laundry because they couldn't even get into their bedroom. It was all clean haha just needed to be organized. They really are so wonderful, it's just really frustrating to work with them because they know what they need to do haha they just aren't doing it. BUT they're looking into a new apartment and should be in a better situation soon.

We are also working with Cassie Bernal, who is living with her mother. Cassie is my age and has a two and a half year old named Ryleigh, who is the cutest thing ever. Every time I see her she grabs my pointer fingers and we dance in circles for a few minutes (we did it yesterday at church...it was fantastic). We're reading the scriptures with Cassie and it seems to be really helping. She's been through a rough time these past couple years but she has a lot of faith. Love her a TON.

We're working with a couple others, but mostly those three haha we spend a lot of time meeting members and strengthening them, and it's starting to pay off - we received our first referrals this week! One from our Relief Society president (her name is Sister Bluhm, and she's taken great care of me - you would love her, Mom), and the other from the cutie patootiest little family, the Hayes.

Yesterday I did a gratitude fast, because I've just realized how much I have to be thankful for. I just want to tell you all thank you so much for the letters. I know I can't even respond to half of them, but they mean so much. This past week I feel like I've gotten so much spiritual upliftment from home, and I can't express to you how great it is to have that kind of support. I wish you could all watch me open letters haha it's like Christmas...erryday.
I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us and is so aware of everything we do. The bishop here has worked out something he calls the "Sanctification Process" - it's very simple, but so profound. First, we have faith, repent, are baptized, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. After that, we are instructed to be "born again," as it states in Moses. We are born again by following three very simple steps: first, receiving a prompting; second, obeying (which will almost always require some sort of sacrifice); and third, allowing ourselves to be immersed by the Spirit (baptism by fire).
The more we do this, the more sanctified we become, until we are born again, even as Enoch's people were in Zion.
Also, Bishop Boyack pointed out to us that Enoch worked and ministered and labored among his people for 365 years, which was very humbling for me...because I've only been here a grand total of three and a half weeks.

So all is well here :) Just working hard and learning patience haha guess I've almost got the humility thing down, because Heavenly Father just keeps pointing out a new Christlike attribute for me to work on.
Love you all so much :) Thanks for all your support. Until next week ;) Over and out.
- the Missourinary...in Kansas.

-- 

Sister Annika Rogers
Isaiah 49:16

                         What my face looks like right now :)

This is our investigator, Addison :) She'll be baptized on September 21st haha she gave us a little concert last week.


Me and Sister Ewell with Addison...hahaha my face.






No comments:

Post a Comment