Monday, September 16, 2013

Seven months in and I think I'm dead.

But if this is heaven, the postal service is terrible.
THIS WEEK HAS BEEN SO BEAUTIFUL THE WEATHER IS NICE AND COOL AND I LOVE KANSAS.
Fall is definitely going to be my favorite month! Not to mention all the leaves that will change...although they haven't yet. I do miss the rusty mountains, but that's beside the point.
So a miracle from this week! We've been struggling finding people to teach, remember? Well guess what...WE FOUND TWO PEOPLE THIS WEEK. Both of them were referrals through members! miracles! One of them is a fifteen year old boy named Brennan who thinks he's an atheist. Not to downplay atheism at all, but we think he's just had a rough life and he thinks he doesn't need God. It's just a matter of getting him to see this. The other investigator is Sarah - she's met with missionaries before and learned a LOT. She's the one that let us borrow the ESV bible I sent a picture of. Her fellowship is our Primary president (who is like a three year old in a thirty year old's body, btw).
WE HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED.
(This was obviously a caps-lock kind of week.)
In the last verse of the first chapter of first Nephi, Nephi coins one of my favorite scriptural phrases - "tender mercies." He prefaces the last of his record by saying, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tendemercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
There's a cross-reference in Genesis 32:10 that says, "I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant;" Amen, Moses. amen. This is exactly how I feel - I can't bear my testimony to you in any better way than these two prophets have said.
Altogether I just feel really blessed :) I'll give you all a mini health update because I think I'm falling apart. I'm going to get my right knee checked out by an orthopedic guy because it's not getting better. With the information that my mom sent...I don't think it's Osgood-schlatters (I can spell it now!), so I'll report on that when I know more :)
Funny stories this week. Hmm. Well, our new investigator Sarah told us she had a DVD that her father had given her called "The Difference between Mormonism and Christianity." Obviously anti material. She told us and we were both thinking, "DANGIT." Losing investigators because of anti material is sadly pretty common, and very frustrating. Well, remember our primary president that I told you about? She approached Sister Ewell and said, "Sister, forgive me, for I have sinned...you remember that DVD that Sarah told you about...? Well...I hid it."
That's right, folks.
She took the DVD and hid it behind the TV while Sarah was out of the room. We have a winner. I couldn't stop laughing - one day, family, you will all meet this incredible woman who hides anti-Mormon DVDs and conquers primary children single-handedly :)
That's all I've got haha I hope you all are doing well!
LOVE YOU
-- 
Sister Annika Rogers
Isaiah 49:16

This is Sister Ewell and I at the Historic Liberty Jail with Addison, who is getting baptized on the fifth of October, and her mom Abby :)
This is a bible that Sarah, our investigator, gave us to study :) The English Standard Version, compared next to my King James. Thank heaven we don't carry those around...


Ignore how tired I look...I think I might be getting the sniffles. And I don't like wearing makeup on my preparation day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment