Friday, March 21, 2014

Follow-up letter for email

Hey Family!  Thank you so much for all of the pictures.  I know it's a chore to stop in the middle of whatever you're doing and get out the camera, but I honestly LOVE it.  I can't believe how grown up you guys are! (except you, Dad :))
This week has been an adventure.  On Friday, one of the Assistants to the President called me to train.  Not gonna lie, I was pretty upset.  As soon as I got off the phone with him, I put my head in my hands and started to cry.  First of all, I knew training was going to be hard.  Second, I felt like I was being punished.  The work here has picked up so much!  I 'm starting to fall in love with the ward, we have so many promising investigators, and we're figuring out how many Less-Actives still live here.  Not to mention I've loved being at the jail.  The Spirit here is unlike anything else I've felt.  And, of course, my companion.  Sister Heylen is probably THE most intelligent person I know, and I've loved serving with her.  I was pretty bummed.
So the next morning there's a "train the trainers" meeting at the mission home, where I've never been because I came a week late (when I first came to the mission).  Man, by the time that meeting was over, I knew this was what I was supposed to do.  I find out where I go tonight, so I'll write it on the envelope. :)  I'm still gonna miss all this, but I'll take the best of it with me when I go.  (I'm going back to the VC-to Raytown, finishing training a new missionary!!)
We currently have a grand total of 5 people with a baptismal date!  2 of them are Charlotte and Myriah, two girls who are being fostered by a family in the ward.  Myriah had expressed a desire to be baptized but Charlotte was a total surprise.  The spirit was so strong and when I invited them to be baptized, they both jumped at it.  
I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK.  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
I don't think I could say this enough-this is Christ's gospel!  We are a part of the Work of Salvation!  How cool is that?!  Literally we are here right now to help others come to the Savior.  How great is our calling!
Love you all so much :)  Keep the prayers coming!
LOVE YOU!
Love always,,
S. Rogers


No comments:

Post a Comment