Tuesday, April 23, 2013

AND THEN THERE WERE BIKES.‏


Look at your missionary, now back to me, now back to your missionary, NOW BACK TO ME. Sadly, she isn't me. But if she ate Colossal Berry Crunch every morning and taught the gospel with all her heart, might, mind, and strength, she could become like me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're at the Visitor's Center, being taught a marvelous lesson about modern prophets. What is this? It's a Book of Mormon, marked with scripture passages that you LOVE. Anything is possible when you eat straight sugar in the morning and memorize your lessons. I'm on a bike.

Yep, you heard it folks. Sister Rogers is a biker.

Literally the day I finish my driving stuff they tell us we need to buy bikes. So we did. And now we ride them. And my bottom hurts. But you better believe I'm going to have the calf muscles of Lance Armstrong.

Shout out to all my favorite relatives AKA anybody that wrote/sent pictures. Mom (as always), Bonnie and Drew (loved the picture and the update), Lexi (I've missed Paul), Braxton (you look so handsome in your prom pictures!), Gramma Ellis, Gramma Rogers, and Tonya :D I love you all and can't wait for the next round of letters.

Alright, so we've had quite a few miracles this week, but I'll just tell you one or two. First of all was us finding bikes that were going to work...we went to a pawn shop first and tried to find affordable things first, but some of them didn't even have brakes. So we decide to just go to wal mart and sign our lives away and manage to find the best bikes ever :) Normally the mission office would provide bikes for us, but they only had men's bikes, which aren't decent for sisters to ride (find a bike that IS decent for a sister to ride, and I'll stop wondering what the crap that's supposed to mean). The bike I bought is actually a youth boys' bike, but it's okay because it's got a comfy seat and the brakes aren't rusted, so God will just have to forgive me.

As you well know, I was really struggling with losing my trainer (my mom) last week. I had a rough time with it for a few days, but my new trainer is incredible. I still miss Sister Stobbe and you better believe I'm going to send her a long email after I finish this one, but the world has continued to turn and my new trainer is a rock star :) Her name is Sister Lettig and we've seen so many miracles together.

The one I can think of to best sum up the week is Silvia. Silvia is a former that was taught because her son was baptized, but stopped meeting with the missionaries because she prayed and didn't receive the confirmation that our church was true. She belongs to the Restoration branch and has had a much more powerful experience there. So we biked up to her house (literally UP...there are so many hills in Independence), and knocked on her door. When we introduced ourselves and told her how we found her, she was apprehensive, but eventually she opened up to us and we managed to make a really good beginning relationship. She told us we can call her Mom :) Don't worry, she's not replacing anyone, but you better believe I'll call her Mom when we call tonight. She said we could help paint her porch. YAY JEANS!!! I mean...SERVICE!!!

Funny story for the week - we were planning our first night and Sister Lettig was marveling at how much lower our numbers are compared to the full-proselyting mission. I shrugged and said, "You're not in Kansas anymore..." (ba-DUM chhhhhh)...

AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN GET IT.

I was like, "Oh, come on - that wasn't even my normal lame sense of humor. That was actually funny!" And then she got it. Still breaking her in, I guess ;)

I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WILL SAVE YOU A SEAT IN ZION...if I remember :)

Sister Annika Rogers

Isaiah 49:16










No comments:

Post a Comment