Wednesday, April 17, 2013

And the great and dreaded day of transfers hath come...‏


They're taking my trainer away from me :( The only sister in the whole VC that they're moving out somewhere else...and it has to be Sister Stobbe. She's going to Junction City, which is right outside of an army base. I have to say I'm a little jealous - I would rather wake up to F-16s than every species of bird in the northern hemisphere singing outside my window. President Keyes called and told her that the reason she was being called out there was because all the men are being deployed, and Elders can't teach single women. Not going to even lie - I'm crushed. She's pretty much been my rock while I've been here. I'm still not sure what the Lord has in mind, but there must be some people in Junction City that really need my trainer. That, or she's just so darn good at training that they're making me share. One or the other.


We've had quite a few miracles and quite a few disappointments this week. The miracles are little tender mercies, but the disappointments seem huge. One of our investigators, Britta, fasted for the first time with us on Sunday. She was so excited, and after Sacrament meeting, she tearfully told us she had to leave, because she had to think about some serious stuff about baptism. Still not sure if that's good or bad, but it's something.

A miracle is that I placed four Books of Mormon at the VC in one day, which is a lot more than usual, I can tell you that much. Three of them were to a family that isn't in our ward, but they're still investigating. They're pretty much golden.

A disappointment is that Mckayla texted us last night and said she's not interested in learning anymore. She says she still believes in Jesus, but that she doesn't want to be baptized. We're not sure what happened. The most frustrating part is that Sister Stobbe won't even get to help her.

I'm not entirely sure how this next week is going to go...I can tell you that tears will definitely be shed in the near future. Keep us in your prayers, please :) I love you all.

P.S. I passed off all my lessons in a single transfer - I'm one of three sisters in my zone that did it :) Happy day. Now I can drive...and they just made our ward a walking ward. MURPHY'S LAW. I'm just not meant to drive a mission vehicle...

Sister Annika Rogers

Isaiah 49:16




No comments:

Post a Comment