Tuesday, June 18, 2013

FIREFLIES!!! (this email is full of LDS puns #beprepared)‏

 THEY'RE REAL! WE SAW SOME LAST NIGHT AND I FELT LIKE I WAS IN PRINCESS AND THE FROG!!! MAGIC!

Also, it's so humid here that the car looks like it was just rained on...even though it's eighty degrees outside and blue sky as far as the eye can see. #whatisthisbiz

Well hey there, errybody! Here I am in Inde, just livin' the life! We've had a couple miracles this week, and I wanted to tell you all about 'em, so hold on to your socks, because they might just get blown off!

First of all, there was a girl in my Institute class that I ran into in the MTC! Her name is Kelsey and I love her to bits :) She was going to Brazil, so we would brush shoulders occasionally, but never really talked. Well, her Visa isn't coming straight through, so she had to have her call adjusted until it does, and she's serving in my mission! And then she got shifted over to the VC!!! What a miracle! apparently we're meant to serve around each other haha more on that miracle later...when there are actually fruits of our labors.

WE HAD ANOTHER BAPTISM! Lacey, the thirteen-year old, took the dunk! She's actually at Girl's Camp right now - how awesome is that?! There was a little drama right before we got to the baptism, so we weren't entirely sure she would be there...but she came anyways and it was awesome! She even bore her testimony! Afterwards she said she was trying to make people cry - us in particular, but it didn't work! I don't know what's wrong with me haha my tear ducts are cemented shut, apparently.

Our other miracle is that now our teaching pool is tiny cuz we keep baptizing our investigators (oops), so we're trying really hard to find people and get referrals, but it's hard when we're on foot, because we can't cover very much ground, and we need to be on time back to the VC, which makes the bus pretty much impossible to do because it only runs every hour and a half (I wish I would've thought to bring the UTA with me...). 

So we get a referral from the VC for a lady that came in and requested missionaries! Sometimes those people are crazies, but we called her and made an appointment and went to see her on Saturday, and she's golden! Her name is Melissa, and she has a son, Theo, who's nine. We gave them each a Book of Mormon and asked them to read the first chapter, and Theo was done with it even before we left haha we meet with them again on Saturday. They're just the sweetest people ever, and their house is so nice and clean and you can feel that the Spirit is there :)

Okey dokey...funny story. Gather near, children of Israel...once upon a time, we were teaching yonder investigator about modern prophets (typically you don't teach something like that in the first lesson, but we were following the spirit, so happy day, all is well), and Sister Lettig tried to say, "The Prophet presides over the Church and acts as God's mouthpiece, to direct His children today."
But instead, what she said was;
"The Prophet presides over the Church and acts as the Lord's mousepieth...mouse...pieth...mouse-MOUTH. Piece...mousepiece, to direct His children today."
I did a pretty good job of hiding my laughter behind my Bible.

Well, I know it's late but here's my favorite Mormon Message about fathers! Watch this and then wipe your tears and carry on, carry on, CARRY ON!!!
Thanks for all the letters, too! From Nat and Grammas Rogers and Ellis and all those other peeps! Sometimes it seems like I forget about you, but when I get a letter on Wednesday and have all this craziness happen and can't write back until Tuesday...I forget. Also, I run out of time. There's a lot of people I love and not enough rainforests to provide the paper to do so.
Yup. Just made an anti-green joke. #dealwithit
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!
DON'T FORGET TO PRAY!
AND READ YOUR SCRPITURES!
AND EAT YOUR VEGGIES!
AND WASH BEHING YOUR EARS!
LOVEYOUBYYYYEEEE!!!

-- 
Sister Annika Rogers
Isaiah 49:16




Lacey's Baptism! These are the elders in our ward - Elders Mason and Hayes. Mason is the one in white and he's a freaking riot.


                                           Jammies :)


                                 We was playing in the rains :)



Is this not the happiest dog you've ever seen?? Her name is Cheech Fuzz, and she's too old to walk, but she makes that face every time you pet her.


only in Inde









No comments:

Post a Comment