Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Gratitude is the mother of all virtues."‏


Brothers and Sisters, my heart is full because of the goodness of my God in giving me so many indescribable joys this week. That sounded like the beginning of a scripture, but I mean it.

The first of my blessings is Brother Sheffer, the kind chiropractor who has helped me with my migraines. After going to see him, my headaches have been much more manageable - I haven't had a bad once since the Saturday before Mother's Day.

The second is Doris, who had a small setback this week and will not be baptized on the 24th. Despite her weaknesses, her determination has doubled and she will be baptized on June 7th. Every time we talk to her she tells us she's going to conquer Satan and bears her testimony of the truthfulness of this Gospel and the Book of Mormon.

The third is my dear companion, who is so very patient with me and laughs at all of my lame jokes and doesn't say anything rude when I run over curbs.

Fourth is my mission president and his dear wife, who have been such great examples to me and will be finishing their mission soon. I have been so lucky to learn under their careful guidance and watchful eye.

Fifth - the temple. Our entire mission attended the temple this Tuesday and Wednesday, and I love literally every part of being in the temple. No matter what happens, you can't have a bad day when you're going to the House of the Lord.

I am absolutely obsessed with every part of being a missionary. I love sharing the Gospel. I love wearing a nametag. I love representing my Savior. I love testifying.

To quote the Missionary Handbook; "How great is [my] calling!"

I love this and I love you all :)
-- 
Sister Annika Rogers
 All is well.



No comments:

Post a Comment