Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Christmas day in Independence 1st ward...‏


They gave us Elders! All those crazies that we couldn't meet before will still get to hear the Gospel!! The church is true!!

Also, Mothers' Day is coming up and we'll get to skype. So there's that :) Get in touch with Tasha and Chey and Steph. Hopefully you at least heard from Chey...I sent her last letter to our house, so that should be a little motivation.

So my week has been totally crazy! I MET ELDER COOK! I got to tell him that his talk helped make my decision to go on a mission! He was so nice and sweet...we had a surprise missionary fireside with him and before he addressed us he shook the hand of every single missionary there. It was so cool. We ended up sitting front and center haha I could see him the whole time.

Also, we gave talks on Sunday. It was on Mountains to Climb from Elder Eyring. Great talk. I did pretty good if I do say so myself (Don't worry Mom, didn't embarrass anyone but myself). Something that one of us said touched a nonmember's heart and we have an appointment with her tonight! YAY! She told the bishop she wants to be baptized, so now we just gotta get her to take the dunk.

Later that Sunday, at the VC, this crazy guy comes in. His name was Leo and he had a friend, named Francis, who is from Rowanda. We took them around and showed them a couple of things and pretty much Leo was CRAZY. He would ask us questions deliberately to confuse us. "Is the Hill Cumorah where Moroni actually buried the plates?" Yes. Yes, sir. It is. "Oh, well I went there and was really surprised to find that it was MAN MADE."

What. In the world. Are you talking about.

He also asked us how we felt about Zion, since we were both from Utah and his family was all here. We told him about Zion in our hearts and all that. "Well, that's contradicting doctrine." He starts talking about how he lives here with his nieces and nephews and brothers and sisters and kids. Sister Call, who was on tour with me, says, "I'm glad you're happy here. It's a great place."

Leo: "Yeah, you'll feel that way, too, when you start living the doctrine."

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me.

Needless to say, he talked to one of the senior elders and I went to a baptism and read some scriptures to calm my nerves because I've never wanted to rebuke a human being so badly in my life but I knew that wasn't socially acceptable. Francis gave Sister Call his info and wants to learn more though so at least one of them was actually interested in learning.

Never a dull moment in Inde, folks.

Sorry this is a short one, I promise my week was still crazy and fun stuff happened.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR THE LETTERS I HAD TO GO BUY MORE PAGE PROTECTORS CUZ I HAD SO MANY TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK BYYYYYYyyyyeeee...!!!

--
Sister Annika Rogers

Isaiah 49:16






No comments:

Post a Comment