Monday, July 15, 2013

Full Pros! (whu-whut!)‏

OOOOOOOOOOOLATHE!!!! (Haha not Oklahoma. Psych.)
The transfer call came and now I'm in KANSAS!!! It's great! It's hot! It's flat!

Thanks to everyone that is sending me love via mail! The old mail address works just fine, but I have a direct one as well:
13987 W. 131st Terrace
Olathe, KS 66062
This address will be good until August 17th, so keep an eye on it, peeps.

My new companion is Sister Ewell, whom I have been living with for the past 4 months, but now we're actually companions. It's a little bit awkward, but that should wear off. Sister Lettig and I hit it right off as friends AND teaching partners, so this is new. But I am optimistic :)
We are living with a member! Which is where my funny story for this week comes in. Our member's name is Sister Moseley, and she's 69 years old. She's lost more than 50 % of her hearing, and she has a little dog that helps her around the house. The dog's name is Rivie, and she's 14 years old and (this is the best part) is also losing her hearing. So the very first day we get here, we throw our bags in our basement apartment, and then go to lunch with our district (TENDER MERCY - Sister Stobbe is in my district! Which means that I'll see her all the time!). We get back to our apartment about an hour later, and cant get in...no one answers the door, our key won't work, we can't get in through the back...turns out Sister Moseley had laid down for a nap and taken her hearing aid out, and Rivie fell asleep too. So we were locked out of our apartment for about 3 hours.

Also, I've learned to depend on a map here, so the very first thing we had to try to find here is a road map of Olathe...3 days. It took us 3 days to find the map. But we have one :) And all is well.

There are elders in our ward, and they've taken really good care of us. We have two investigators that are pretty much already baptized. We had our first lesson with one of them yesterday at a member's house. It was okay...we overwhelmed her/maybe offended her, but she texted us later that night, so it must not have been too bad.

We're seeing a lot of miracles - this ward is so excited to have us, and the area is on FIRE! We're getting so much support from everyone we meet. It reminds me a lot of Layton here (for your mental image since my drawing wasn't very good), just without mountains. Road construction and all.

Sorry this is such a vague email...all you need to know is that I'm alive and I'm having fun and I'm thinkin' Arby's ;D
I love you all so much and I'll send you pictures as soon as I get my camera back from Independence...oops.
LOVE YOU!!!

-- 

Sister Annika Rogers
Isaiah 49:16



























No comments:

Post a Comment