Tuesday, July 9, 2013

TALOFA

(Samoan for "Hello" - I think this may be the last time I can use that, what with probably getting taken out of a Poly ward and all that...)

Mom, I got my package, and Sister Lettig got hers and they're just great :) Love you tons! Thanks a bunch. I'm finally sending some stuff back haha hopefully that'll make my packing a little bit lighter.

So I have had a long week. So long, in fact, that I don't think I can remember all of it to put it in an email. On a sidenote Brother Pendleton came into the VC, so that was fun :) Also, Sister Seamon from Weber State! It was a fun adventure haha earlier that day I took the sweetest little group of old people through. I loved them so much haha I wanted to keep them :) I love the bus tours of old people, because I get like five new Grammas and Grampas every time :D What's not to love??

So let me just tell you a little bit about our 4th of July. Soooo we may or may not have helped usher at the Community of Christ's auditorium. They had a cool little dancing/singing show that night, and we got to stay and watch! It was a lot of fun and kind of cheesy, with some cool numbers that were like...native american and hawaiian and a LOT of clogging. Clogging is cool, but I was pretty sick of it by the end of the first act. Intermission comes and goes and we're sitting halfway through the second act when all of a sudden...

THRILLER STARTS TO PLAY.

FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY DUBSTEP.

The Missouri Independence Mission is a very obedient mission...and especially where music is concerned (which is why I had to send two of my books home - sorry, mom). Needless to say, as soon as the synthesizer kicked up Thriller, I just about came out of my seat. Half of me wanted to sing, the other half was like, "I SHOULD LEAVE I SHOULD LEAVE I SHOULD LEAVE," Dubstep comes on and I kind of just hugged myself and held my breath.

I miss real music. So feel free to write down some songs that you think I'll love, but don't tell me about it for at least another year.

OKAY enough funny bizness. I gotta tell you the best miracle ever. So, we've been teaching a guy named Mark that I just have SO much respect for. He's golden through and through, the only thing holding him back is his wife. He doesn't want to divide their family by being baptized. That's also why he can't come to church. So this probably being my last Sunday in the 1st Ward, we texted him the Saturday before and said that we would be sharing our testimonies in church, and it would be great if he could come to the first hour.

So we're just chillin before sacrament, talking to some members, when all of a sudden, Sister Lettig starts smacking me in the arm. "Look who's here. Oh my gosh. No, down there."

AND


-- 
Sister Annika Rogers

Isaiah 49:16

No comments:

Post a Comment